New RSHE qualifications now open for registrations
The DfE’s new guidance is a historic shakeup to RSE, with the content updated for the first time in almost 20 years. From September 2020, all schools will have to teach relationships and health education and all secondary schools will have to teach sex education. However, recent news reveals that 28% of teachers believe their school is not ready to teach the new mandatory lessons, and 47% lack confidence in their own ability to deliver the new curriculum.
Our new RSHE qualifications support schools to meet these regulations and allow schools to embed these into their curriculum ahead of the compulsory deadline. These qualifications are supported by high-quality learning resources from Jigsaw PSHE, and schools and teachers will have access to CPD to ensure that they are comfortable to deliver the qualifications.
We are delighted to announce that our new Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE) qualifications are now open for registrations:
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Relationships, Sex and Health Education (QRN: 603/4763/6)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Relationships, Sex and Health Education (QRN: 603/4764/8)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Relationships, Sex and Health Education (QRN: 603/4765/X)
The following Unit Programmes have also been launched:
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education (Year 7) - K/617/6618/UNITCACHE
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education (Year 8) – H/617/6620/UNITCACHE
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education (Year 9) – K/617/6621/UNITCACHE
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education (Year 10) – M/617/6622/UNITCACHE
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education (Year 11) – T/617/6623/UNITCACHE
The purpose of these qualifications is to provide secondary age learners (ages 11-16) with the knowledge and understanding that will enable them to make informed decisions about their wellbeing, health and relationships. The qualifications have been mapped to the Department for Education’s (DfE) guidance for Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education (HE) for secondary schools, ensuring every aspect of the statutory requirement is covered.
To find out more about our current PSHE offer or to register for updates about our suite of RSHE qualifications, visit our website.