New Supporting Teaching and Learning suite
As part of our continuous improvement processes we have been listening to your feedback and have reviewed our new Supporting Teaching and Learning qualifications.
We now have new versions of the qualification specifications and also improved Tutor Guidance documents to support your delivery of the following qualifications:
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Schools (603/2477/6)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges (603/2478/8)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning (603/2476/4)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning (603/2495/8)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning (603/2498/3)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning (603/2496/X)
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for Advanced Practitioners in Schools and Colleges (603/2474/0)
The main changes include:
- Revised and more realistic Guided Learning Hours (GLH)*
- We have added range to some of the units to provide clarification
- We have provided a mapping document to show how our new Level 3 qualification maps to the Teaching Assistant Standard
- The qualifications will be supported by more constructive and valuable Tutor Guidance documents, which have additional support for our tutors that has not been previously provided.
If you are delivering any of these qualifications in Welsh you will also be pleased to know that Welsh versions of the specs and tutor guidance documents are coming soon.
As we have mentioned previously our legacy suite of Supporting Teaching and Learning qualifications will remain open for registrations until 2020 in line with the apprenticeship framework, but if you are not taking the qualifications as part of an apprenticeship you can choose from either the new or the legacy suite.
Please remember that learners taking the Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges will need to be employed in a Level 3 role in a learning environment (school or college), as they need to show competence in both skills and knowledge in order to achieve this qualification.
*Please note that the funding bands for these qualifications have not changed.