Study Programme components
As the leading sector specialists in health, social care and childcare, our Study Programmes offer learners the best possible start in these growth sectors.
- Level 3 qualifications aimed at post-16 learners
- each qualification is included in the DfE performance tables
- does not require work placements/employer involvement during the delivery
- assessed through a mixture of internal and external assessment.
Explore CACHE Applied Generals:
Tech Certs and Tech Levels
- Qualifications aimed at post-16 learners
- provide learners with the knowledge and skills necessary for skilled employment or further technical study
- include elements of work placement, allowing learners to apply knowledge in real work environments
- details of work placements can be found in the qualification specifications via the qualification pages below.
Explore CACHE Technical qualifications:
- Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Technical Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education
- Technical Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Technical Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator)
- Technical Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator)
English and maths
Learners are expected to hold at least a GCSE grade 4 (or grade C) in these important subjects. However, those who have achieved a grade 2 or below (or grade E or below) can study an alternative qualification, such as Functional Skills which we offer under our NCFE brand.
Designed to complement a learners 16-19 full-time programme, our extensive range of smaller qualifications develops transferrable skills, improves confidence and helps with employment outcomes and support progression.
Higher level studies
- Level 3 qualifications for learners who are considering studying at a higher level and wish to develop their higher level study skills.
- Attract UCAS points.
Explore NCFE higher level studies:
NCFE’s range of employability qualifications supports your learners’ Study Programme and has been created to give them the best possible chance of success.
Explore our NCFE employability qualifications:
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Employability Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Award in CV Writing
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Job Search and Interview Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Health and Safety awareness
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Occupational Studies for the Workplace
We offer a range of useful qualifications which support personal development and a learners understanding of issues that can affect them and others.
Explore our range of extra support qualifications:
- Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse Awareness
- Level 1 Award in Sexual Health Awareness
- Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
- Level 1 Award in Stress Awareness
The qualifications we offer can help prepare learners for work experience, this being a key principle of the 16-19 Study Programme which helps develop career choices and improve critical employability skills.
Explore NCFE pre-work experience qualifications: